The 2016 FAL has gone global:
- Rhonda – Rhonda’s Ramblings – USA **right here**
– At the start of each quarter there will be a linky party for you to link up your proposed list of finishes. You must link up in order to be able to be eligible for those prizes at the end. Please only enter ONE blog post or Flickr photo or Instagram photo at this starting link-up. If you use Flickr or Instagram please describe your plan in the description.
– In order for your projects to be eligible, they must at least be a tangible project at the start of the quarter. That means, at the very least, a pile of fabric pulled along with a pattern, or a quilt top needing to be quilted, or a half knit jumper. I love seeing your bee blocks, but they won’t count unless you happen to be turning them all into a fully completed quilt!
– As you complete each of your projects on your list, write a post all about it, or a description of a Flickr pic.
– At the end of the quarter, link up each individual post/Flickr pic (please link back to your original list in some way). For each finish/link you complete, you get an entry into the draw, and therefore it’s in your best interest to write up a separate post for each!
– A finish is defined as a completely finished project, eg a quilt, quilted and bound, a bag that’s fully lined and functional, or a jumper that one could wear out in public. I’m happy for you if you get a quilt top completed in one quarter, but hold onto it for the next quarter and see if you can get it quilted and bound before entering please.
– You won’t be punished if you don’t finish your entire list, so feel free to make a big list and roll projects over from one quarter to the next if you need to.
– All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw, and the names/numbers drawn at random for each of the prizes donated by our sponsors for that quarter.
– The finish linky party will be open for approximately a week, and then the next quarter will open on the following day.
– The FAL is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
I’d love if you’d spread the word about the FAL by popping the 2016 button in your post or on your blog. You can grab button below (or if you want a bigger one – grab one from the top of the page):
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.rhondasramblings.com/finish-a-long/" rel="nofollow" title="2016 Finish-A-Long" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.rhondasramblings.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016-button-125-best.jpg" alt="2016 Finish-A-Long" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Additionally, you can follow the FAL Instagram page @finishalong and tag your finishes this year with #2016fal or you can connect via 2016 FAL’s FaceBook **Remember: You can link up your IG & FB posts as long as they follow the rules!
1/7/16 Q1 proposed finishes linky opens
1/16/16 Q1 proposed finishes linky closes
3/31/16 Q1 finishes linky opens
4/1/16 – 4/6/16 Tutorial week
4/7/16 Q1 finishes linky closes
4/8/16 Q2 proposed finishes linky opens
4/16/16 Q2 proposed finishes linky closes
6/30/16 Q2 finishes linky opens
7/1/16 – 7/6/16 Tutorial week
7/7/16 Q2 finishes linky closes
7/8/16 Q3 proposed finishes linky opens
7/16/16 Q3 proposed finishes linky closes
9/30/16 Q3 finishes linky opens
10/1/16 – 10/6/16 Tutorial week
10/7/16 Q3 finishes linky closes
10/8/16 Q4 proposed finishes linky opens
10/16/16 Q4 proposed finishes linky closes
12/31/16 Q4 finishes linky opens
1/1/17 – 1/6/17 Tutorial week
1/7/17 Q4 finishes linky closes